Celebrating Cady’s gotcha day two years ago. Then and now photographs.
I’m so happy I monitored humane society website and then went and met her. After a few minutes, I knew she would be coming home with me. Her original name just didn’t match who she was, so I gave her a new one.
She is named after Cady Longmire. A character in the Craig A. Johnson novels titled Longmire. A series of 19 books (at this writing) and also a great television adaptation available on Netflix and other video outlets. The series ran from June 2012 to November 2017.
If dogs could live forever, you would have been 20 today Casey. I’ve been missing you every day for the past 6 years.
Hope you’re hanging out with Abbey, Tess, and Darby in heaven.
You were one hell of a pack leader my friend.
I’m glad I got to spend part of my life with you. You made every day of it so very good.
- As a pupper laying claim to the fireplace.
- Hard working duck dog. It’s just in the genes.
- Happy dude laying in the flowers.
- A very chill dude enjoying a sunny day.
- A pack leader and his ladies – (L to R) Casey (son), Abbey, Tess and Darby (mom).
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Easter greetings from Cady and I. Here’s my 4-footed kid being a good girl and posing for me.
Fresh from a nail trim, oatmeal shampoo, blow dry, and new bandanna, Cady is enjoying a bull stick in the back of the car before we head for an off-lead walk at her favorite place. She will smell like warm oatmeal cookies for the next week.
This girl is the master of chewing on bully sticks.
We hope you have a nice Saturday. My human let me taste cabbage, potato and a wee bit of corned beef and I give them all two paws up. He wouldn’t let me try Baily’s Irish Cream or Guinness though.
A couple of projects I made to make my morning routine easier:
– Coffee mug shelf mounted by the fence gate I take Cady (my doggo) in and out of daily for her bathroom routine. I got tired of setting my morning coffee on the ground to open the fence gate each day. I made a cedar shelf with a galvanized L-bracket and an extra fence brace band. Enlarged the L-bracket holes to accommodate the 2 fence brace band bolts.
– Pooper Scooper station with disposal can and a coffee mug shelf. Cedar board attached to a T-post. Welded I-bolts for chains to hold the can and lid in case of high winds. Hooks to hang the scooper rake and pan from.